Here's a quick guide on how to care for your new shoes, making them last for many years to come.
Follow these steps to care for your leather shoes:
- Remove all kinds of dirt from your leather shoes with a damp cloth.
- Treat your shoes with leather shoe polish and shine gently with a cloth. This should be done on a regular basis.
- To allow the leather to breath, do not apply an excessive amount of polish.
- Use colourless polish on two-tone shoes to prevent staining.
- Let dry naturally.
Follow these steps to take care of your suede shoes:
- Remove stains with fine grain sandpaper if needed.
- Brush your suede shoes gently along the grain with a sponge or a suede brush/cloth.
- Spray with protective spray.
- Keep light-coloured suede leather away from dark materials that risk staining it.
Follow these steps to take care of your patent leather shoes:
- Patent leather should be cleaned with a sponge wet with soapy water. Wipe dry with a soft clean cloth.
- Use patent leather polish when needed.
- DO NOT use ordinary leather shoe polish on patent leather as it makes the leather dull.
- Keep light-coloured patent leather away from dark materials that risk staining it.